Saturday, June 12, 2010

dew

Creativity Boot Camp
Day 6
Topic: fluid

Today's challenge was to step outside of our "rules" of our craft and try to change it up a bit. Since I'm a little all over the place--I write essays, fiction, and poetry--I was trying to think of what would be outside of my "normal" way of writing. I finally decided on a haiku, because it is a fixed form (a style I rarely ever write in), and it forces you to write very simply (I usually write long, descriptive phrases/sentences). So, here's my stab at it.

dew

translucent orbs form
reflecting light, rolling down
the green morning leaves

3 comments:

  1. I love it! How hard was it to put your thoughts into that form?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bit of poetry... I love haikus, just enough to take in and wet your appetite for more :)

    ReplyDelete